Tuesday, September 3, 2013

The Sound of a Blog Awakening...

Good day readers!  It's September 3 in the year 2013, and we are one day past Labor Day (here in the U.S.A. - for international readers I suspect it's just a normal Tuesday).  September is a great month as the first of the Brrr (or, if you prefer, Ber) months, leading up to our favorite month, December.

Here in Kansas City, September usually is very consistent in two things:  the last heat wave of the year, and ragweed.  It's actually been a milder Summer than the past few, with the hottest day of the year reaching 99 degrees, and that was just last week.  We are heading into the low 90s again at the end of this week, so I suppose you could consider that a heat wave, but it's quite tolerable.  We'll start to see evenings cooling off nicely as Summer winds down.

And even the ragweed hasn't been miserable tihs year.  I was outside for quite a while yesterday with very few signs that the ragweed pollen was high.  So, I can't complain.

Do you know what else September brings?  The start of Christmas music ripping season!  Yes indeed.  Last night I transferred the first Christmas vinyl of the year to digital.  Steps one and two complete (initial ripping, first phase cleaning through the magic of ClickRepair).  I also took a bit of time to inventory the selections for this season.   I think I have a nice, eclectic selection of music or you to enjoy this year.

And, now it's time to start the work week.  Happy post-Labor day all! 

7 comments:

  1. Can't believe another year has passed. I'm looking forward to another season of amazing x-mas music. Thank you for all that you do!
    DC

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can't believe it is September already! I love Autumn and Halloween, so this is just awesome. But I am also excited to see Christmas on the horizon. Wonderful four months ahead!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Another non-believer that the year has rolled around again so quickly, but looking forward to The Most Wonderful Time of the Year (sorry, just couldn't resist :P )

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looking forward to hearing your rip. Yes once september rolls in, I start getting excited about the upcoming holiday season. Still working on a couple ideas for my comp this year. I have most of the songs picked out. Lets try to get together in october for sure and also around the holidays! Cheers to you and your family.
    GPS

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have always maintained the Labor Day is the official unofficial start of Christmas Season.
    Ron

    ReplyDelete
  6. Greg - definitely - let's do that - Maybe that first weekend in October.

    Ron - ditto! I spent Friday morning working from home listening to Christmas music - mainly some of Ernie's shares from last season.

    ReplyDelete